We’re impressed that you came to this page. Our lawyer insisted that we put this page on the site and we thought it would be boring stuff, but actually its pretty important stuff to know. Instead of the legalese that the lawyer wrote that sounds like bla bla bla to most people, we took it and translated it into readable English.
Here's the deal:
We run this site so that people like you can use it for information, education and communication. Feel free to browse around all you like. You can even download stuff from the site, but only for non-commercial, personal use. If you do, don’t fool around with any of the copyright and other notices all over the site. That includes using text, images, and video for public or commercial purpose unless we give you written permission.
The laws of the State of Missouri govern any claim relating to the use of this site and the materials contained herein. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in St. Louis, Missouri.
If you visit our site, you're legally obligated to the terms and conditions listed below and any other law or regulation that applies to the site, the Internet, or the World Wide Web. You shouldn't access or browse the site if you have any problem with that, because once you start, there's no turning back - you are bound by the terms and conditions.
So here are our rules for Web visitors who visit our site:
1. Please assume that everything on the site is copyrighted unless we say it's not. That means you can't use the stuff except how we say you can on this page or anywhere else on the site without our written permission.
2. While we try our best to make sure that everything on this site is accurate, we're not promising you it's accurate. So if you use stuff on the site, you're using it at your own risk. We assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
3. We and anybody else who helped us create, produce, or deliver the site are not liable for any damages you may suffer when you use it. In particular, our lawyer insists that we tell you that our disclaimer includes "direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSABLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, We do not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties." That’s a lot of legalese talk and we promised to make it simple but sometimes there are no other ways to say things. Basically, we’re not responsible if you’re using the site and the site damages you or your computer or infects it with any nasty viruses. We don’t have anything harmful on the site and don’t expect anything to happen but if something does happen, we are not responsible.
4. All of the pictures of people, animals, things and places shown on the site are either our property or someone else's property we're using with their permission. That means no matter what, it's definitely not your property. So, you or any of your net-friends can't use it unless we say you can on this page or somewhere else on the site. Unauthorized use may violate all sorts of laws. Anything you download from this site should be kept to yourself!
5. Our site has been linked to lots of other sites. That’s kind of obvious when you go to the page entitled “Links”. We put these links on the site to be helpful and to provide additional information for you. But it doesn’t mean we've looked at all those sites, much less checked them out periodically to see what's going on. So don't blame us if some site you link to is bad or has stuff on it that offends you or your pets. Go ahead and link, but remember, you're doing it at your own risk.
6. This is our site and we can change this page and anything else on the site any time we want to. That's because it's ours and we have the programmers who can do it. If we do change the page, then you're bound by those changes, too, whenever you visit our site.
Some of these rules may sound mean, but you should have seen the stuff our lawyer wanted to put on it.
We share our Web site users' concerns about safety and privacy while online. We strive to adhere to the highest standards of ethical practices in all of our operations, and we are dedicated to protecting your privacy. When we ask for your personal information be assured that we will NEVER allow your information to be made available to a third party.
Need more information? Visit the other pages on this site to learn more or contact us today!